What are the Knightstown United Methodist Women up to?
Recently, Knightstown United Methodist Women sponsored a shower for our ABC Preschool. Around 44 items were collected and presented. The products ranged from construction paper to dish towels to Clorox wipes! These items were very much in need to finish the school year. A big thank you to everyone who helped make this shower a success. -Barbara Haase, UMW President
What Do United Methodist Women Do?
*Chicken Noodle Dinner
*Provide funeral dinners when necessary
*Provide any hospitality needs for the church, ie: Senior Breakfast, ABC Preschool refreshments, etc.
*Shower for much needed supplies for ABC Preschool
*Support the Lucille Raines Home in Indianapolis which houses and supports recovering addicts
*Has the fish wagon for a weekend
*Financially support people in the community
*Make & sell apple dumplings at Knightstown Fall Fest
*Encourage participation in many trips, ie: Ark Encounter
*Provide much needed items to the JYC (Jesus Youth Center)
*Provide coats, hats, & gloves to be donated to Cheer Guild
*Provide a couple songs with bells for special music during church service
*Continue to collect BoxTops for the Elementary & Intermediate schools
*Continue to collect stamps
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship, and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The United Methodist Women is a community of women that is:
- centered in relationship with God through Jesus Christ;
- focused on ministries with women, children, and youth;
- involved in mission locally and globally;
- committed to inclusiveness;
- pledged to provide financial support for mission through Undesignated Mission Giving;
- engaged in the development and use of skills for service, leadership development, and personal growth; and
- encouraged to work with other organizations on mutual concern.